Petals of the Rose
The Blizzard's Omen
This outline will stand in for a full description since my session writeups for this story were never completed.
- The Winter court announced that one of its members named Burbank beat up his (non-Changeling) twin brother, left him hospitalized in a coma, and stole a valuable token from the Winter court.
- In order to find and retrieve the errant changeling, the Winter court offers a reward of goblin fruit and a boon to the motley that retrieves him and the token.
- The PC motley reconvenes to work together to benefit from this boon.
- They follow some clues and the best lead takes them to the hospital where the brother is in a coma.
- Dim pretends to be a Russian orderly in order to get access to the comatose brother.
- They end up following a hedge gate into the hollow where the fugitive Burbank was hiding. They go through his stuff and then realize he was on the roof of the “treehouse” and chase him out through a door in his floor that goes into a bathroom in Lloyd Center (a mall). He got away.
- At some point they used consent from the mother to access the twin brother’s dreams (a next-of-kin loophole on a Pledge). When the PCs watched his dreams, they saw several scenes of him as a child and something seemed off about the mother’s behavior. She commented on caring for “both” of them, with emphasis. They also saw an incomplete dream scene from him confronting his brother.
- More to come…